BBQ Recipe: Ladram Chops
As we get into the swing of peak season, we thought we’d share a recipe with you that’ll make you want to reach for the BBQ tongs.
The latest instalment of our holiday cooking guide is super simple & mouthwatering, ladies and gentlemen its BBQ lamb chops.
BBQ Lamb Chops
|BBQ or oven||25 mins cooking time|
|Serves 4 people
||Easy to make|
Ingredients for marinade
- 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- A pinch of salt & black pepper
TIP: Be organised & just add a mix of the dry herbs from your cupboard at home into a sandwich bag or small tupperware. Doing this before you go away and will save time, money & most importantly, packing space!
- 12 lamb chops (available from Greendale Farm shop)
Light your BBQ and give it 30 mins to get nice and hot – we want those chops crispy!
- If weather isn’t on your side then you can still rustle up this dish in an oven, just crank it up to 200°C / gas mark 6.
- On a chopping board chop up the thyme.
- Put all the marinade ingredients together (minus the olive oil) and blend in a pestle and mortar. If you don’t have a pestle and mortar try using an empty salt / pepper grinder.
- Sprinkle all your spices on the chopping board and rub each lamb chop so it’s well seasoned.
- Once coated, drizzle each in a splash of olive oil – then pop on the BBQ!
- Turn every couple of minutes for 8-10 minutes in total until they look crisp & delicious!
TIP: If you press the chop & the meat gives, it’s medium-rare. If it doesn’t move then it’s well done.
This dish is best served with some grilled veg, salad and cous cous – super easy prep!
By now you’re probably wanting to try this recipe for yourself? We’d recommend buying your chops from Greendale Farm Shop just 15 mins away from Ladram Bay. We’ve included a map below – that way you can spend less time driving and more time cooking.