Easy Carbonara Recipe
Looking for an easy Carbonara recipe to keep up your sleeve for that quick fix for your next family holiday? Our latest holiday cooking guide will work a treat.
Serves 4 people
Easy to make
20 mins prep time
20 mins total
We’ve used typically available ingredients, but we understand when your on holiday you need to be flexible & often work with what you’ve got. If for any reason some of the ingredients are hard to come by you can sub them with….
- Spaghetti > linguine, fettuccine or vermicelli.
- Bacon > pancetta, lardons, prosciutto.
- Parmesan > pecorino romano / manchego or cheddar.
- 350g (approx) of spaghetti
- Parmesan cheese
- 6-8 rations of bacon
- 3 eggs
- Olive oil
- Sea salt / black pepper
- A handful of chopped parsley (optional)
- 2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- Fill a large pan with water, a generous sprinkle of salt & bring to the boil.
- Cook spaghetti in accordance to the instructions – we’re looking for al dente.
- Drain the pasta & save a mug of pasta water for later.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs & add the parmesan.
- Using the now empty large pan cook up your bacon / lardons until crispy.
- Remove the bacon / lardons but keep the fat in the pan (the smoky flavour tastes great!)
- Add the chopped garlic to the pan & cook for 1 min / until it begins to brown off.
- Add your cooked spaghetti to the pan & stir – this will coat your pasta in bacon fat (yum). Turn off the hob & remove pan from the heat.
- Pour your parmesan / egg mixture into the pan & stir until creamy.
- Add the bacon / lardons into the pan, drizzle with olive oil & serve.
- Sprinkle with parsley & add more parmesan (if required).
Ladram Bay Supermarket
By now you’re probably wanting to try this recipe for yourself? For those staying with us you’ll be able to find all the ingredients used in this recipe at the Ladram Bay Supermarket