Healthy Prawn & Ginger Noodles
Spring is the time for getting fit and adopting a healthier lifestyle. Our latest holiday cooking guide is a Thai inspired, super simple and delicious prawn and ginger noodle recipe.
Thai Prawn & Ginger Noodles
|Easy to make||10 mins prep time|
|Serves 2 people
||15 mins cook time|
- 100g of rice noodles
- A thumb size chunk of ginger (shredded)
- A handful of sugar snaps
- A handful of chopped basil
- A handful of chopped coriander
- Two handfuls of bean spouts
- 200g of king prawns (raw & shelled)
- x2 cloves of garlic
- x1 red pepper (thinly sliced)
- x1 tablespoon of sunflower oil
- x1 small orange
- 2 tablespoons of red curry paste
- x1 teaspoon of fish sauce
- x1 teaspoon of brown sugar
Boil a large pan of water and put in the noodles, before covering and setting aside to soak for 10 minutes.
Curry sauce: Take the zest and juice of the orange and stir in fish sauce, sugar, 3 tablespoons of water and curry paste.
Heat a large wok (or pan) and add half the ginger and all the garlic – cook for 1 minute before adding in the red pepper (cook for a further 2 minutes).
Now add the beansprouts, sugar snaps, curry sauce, beansprouts and prawns – cook until all the prawns are pink.
Now drain your noodles before adding them to the pan along with the remaining ginger and basil and coriander. Mix well and serve.