Sea Bass with Ginger & Chilli
Holidaymakers fire up the barbie, this super-simple bass recipe will have all your lucky guests wanting more.
Sea Bass with Ginger & Chilli Recipe
|Easy to make||15 mins prep time|
|Serves 6 people
||10 mins cook time|
We used whole fish but the recipe works just as well with filleted fish.
- x2 sea bass (cut straight down the middle)
- 3 tbsp of vegetable oil or sunflower oil
- thumb size knob of ginger (shredded)
- 3 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- x1 red chilli (hot) / x3 red chilli (mild)
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- salt & pepper
- Heat the oil in a pan, once hot fry the ginger, garlic and chilli for 2-3 minutes until golden, before adding the soy sauce (then put aside).
- Score the skin of the sea bass and then season the sea bass with salt & pepper.
- To avoid wasting any fish use a grill basket / fish grill tongs are best, alternatively wrap the fish in tin foil.
- Place the sea bass on a hot BBQ for 5 minutes for side (10 mins total cooking time)
- Add the marinade to the cooked fish, remove the fish heads/bones and serve.
Greendale Farm Shop
By now you’re probably wanting to try this recipe for yourself? For those staying with us you’ll be able to find all the ingredients used in this recipe at Greendale Farm Shop just 20 minutes away.