Ladram Bay Holiday Park encourages its employees to “be green at all times”. We focus on:
- Reducing waste
- Reducing energy consumption
- Reusing material at every opportunity
- Repair rather than replace (where appropriate)
- Planting trees, shrubs and hedges – thereby sustaining habitats for local wildlife
- Use of environmentally kind cleaning agents
We also encourage environmental best practice amongst our customers and the general public. We have recognised that Ladram Bay may have a direct or indirect effect on the local, regional and global environment – so with this in mind we are committed to reducing any harmful effects on the environment and promoting the understanding of sustainability in its broadest context.
Our green policy is constantly monitored to discover better ways of improving the way we work and provision our solutions to staff and customers.
Our policy is to:
- Be a responsible corporate business
- Maintain our Green Team here on park to ensure we achieve our full potential on all environmental business objectives
- Ensure that all Ladram Bay staff share our commitment to the company’s green policy
- Utilise raw materials and energy sparingly
- Develop and regularly update our working business practices in order to continuously improve our environmental performance and carbon footprint reduction
- Consider environmental impacts in our purchasing and retailing policies
In accordance with these principles, our current activities include:-
1. Waste reduction
Ladram Bay is committed to various recycling schemes including:
- Recycling office paper and card board
- Recycling old computers
- Recycling ink cartridges
- Refurbishing office equipment for use at our sister park
2. Energy and water saving
The nature of our business means we have extremely high energy and water consumption; however we are always looking at how to be more efficient. For example we presently are embarking on a water conservation exercise. This will be on-going. We are anticipating a huge success which when analysed in real terms will see a drastic reduction in our water consumption – watch this space.
We encourage the use of public transport – whether it be taxi, bus or train we have the information to hand to supply to our visitors. We are presently in close communication with a local tourist attraction – it is in the pipeline to be able to offer our guests a coach to and from the attraction – this will result in a significant drop in cars on the roads – a real green incentive.
Implementation of our environment policy is the overall responsibility of the company directors and management. However with all of our employees and visitors doing their bit to follow our “Green Policy” too, it will improve our green credentials further still.